Wednesday, January 25, 2012

First Fill------and other things

So I had my first fill. Can I say--PIECE OF CAKE??????  Easy peasy--nothing to it--pinch, pop, done--uneventful!It's two days of liquids for me!!!

I had some Grandma Time the last three days.  (I tell ya this Grandparent Gig is AWESOME! Did not know my heart could hold so much love for such a little bitty person!)  Anyway...my diet was not good...I strayed into the World of Before...chocolate brownie with ice cream, a Wendy's Frostie, a Lil Debbie's Oatmeal creme pie, and eyeballed everything, no measuring. 

I was scolding myself and kicking my butt for such poor food choices when this came to mind:
1--it was a 1" brownie and a tablespoon of ice cream
2--it was a child's Frostie - in a 2" tall cup
3--it was one oatmeal pie
4--it was one serving spoon size of food

After looking at all this, I realized I DID make good choices.  I was satisfied with these smaller portions! I would have laughed my head off at these portion sizes in the World of Before and totally pudged out!!!!  Amazing!  And the best part--- I was full! 

Oh and I weighed today---I've lost another pound!  Maybe I am starting that love affair that y'all talk about with my band now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for the grandma gig!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Woohoo - way to go! Glad it was easy for you.

Robin said...

Keep it up Cheri!

Rhonda said...

Glad fill went well! Unlike Robyn, I'm not looking forward to the grandma gig! Then again, my boys are only 4.5... LOL

Lap Band Gal said...

You are rocking it! Keep going :)

Amy said...

told ya :P congrats!!