Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Support System.


I have been think about my Support System.

Ya' know---the people who offer you support about things you do-like having WLS. I have no doubt and am certain that I have the support of my folks, children, sister, nieces, and co-workers but I have not been real sure if I had the support of Hubby. He has not expressed much of an opinion abouy my having lap band surgery. I am not really sure why, but it feels like he is not supporting me.

I was getting concerned until today. I call him at lunch today and he told me he was watching TV when he started to think about me. (a good thing) He said he looked at my wedding portrait and thought how we both had changed over the years--we've been married 32 years. Then he suddenly realized that I was going to change again and he got excited about it!

I finally feel his support! He really wants me to do this! He's excited about it!

It's all going to be okay now.

1 comment:

A.J. said...

Support is HUGE!! Even more than just having it, is actually FEELING it. My Hubs and I both got Banded at the same time. It has been such a crucial part of our success, even though we have both had our own distinct experiences. Your weight loss is gonna effect you but it is also gonna effect those around you. I am so happy that you were able to get that support from your Hubby.