Friday, October 28, 2011

Friday is BYOC Day!

It’s Friday and time for BYOC – Bring Your Own Crazy...courtesy of the lovely Draz!  A couple of questions we answer to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break. Copy to your own blog and enjoy!

This week my questions are going to themed…as in they are all about blogging and just to throw you off – there are more than 5 this time!!

1. When did you begin blogging? Do you plan to do it a long time or do you think you’ll stop after a while?
I have blogged on and off for about 6 years. I started when we moved cross Country so our families and friends could keep up with us. Blogging helped me with missing everyone and the isolation. I like blogging. I am a writer. I will continue.

2. What do you enjoy more - blogging yourself or reading other’s blogs?
I LOVE reading everyone's blog. I enjoy all the different writing styles. Personalities flow through the blogs and it is so fun getting to know everyone. I find I also learn so much by reading blogs.

3. What’s the biggest thing blogging has taught you? Biggest surprise about blogging?
Blogging has reminded me how much I enjoy writing! No grades. No deadlines. No critiques. Biggest surprise? That people follow me!

4. Have you met any other bloggers in real life – solely because of your blog or theirs?
No.......BUT if you are down Texas way.....look me up! I would to LOVE to meet you!

5. Does your blog have a general theme as in one topic or do you cover everything and anything?
This blog is mostly about my weight loss journey. Occasionally family stuff sneaks in. My other blog is: www.MyEverdayFunnyLife.blogspot.com It is only about my everyday funny life, family, adventures, and experiences. I am working on a children's book. My dog is the catalyst to a lot of the stories and appears in my blog. I invite you to read and follow if you like.

6. Are you public or anonymous? Whichever you are – do you ever wish you were the other?
Oh I don't know. I am selectively anonymous. Although I do not advertise I am having Bariatric surgery, I am not silent about it either.

7. What’s your best blogging advice for a new blogger?
Be true to who you are. Don't try to fake it for sake of entertainment or for followers.

8. Does anyone in your real life read your blog/know it’s address? Do you wish they would or wouldn’t?
I guess 'real life' means people I know and see face to face. Does that mean my e-friends and blog friends are not real? Again I don't advertise it but I don't hide it and will give it out if the subject comes up.

9. Do you enjoy blogging or do you view it as a chore? How often do you blog?
YES I LOVE TO BLOG! I love to write and blog whenever!

10. Do you tell people in your real life that you blog? Or keep it a secret?
See question #8

No comments: