Thursday, September 15, 2011

Muscle Milk: opinions, please!

So I am struggling with finding a protien drink/powder that is not DISGUSTING!!!! 

I've tried Joe Robb (BLEH!), Betty Lou (okay), Pure Protein (the aftertaste kills me), and Myo???? (ugh).  Today I tried Chocolate Muscle Milk.  It was not bad and I got it past my nose!  My taste buds were pleasantly surprised and pleased. It was not the light so I reckon it had too much of something.  That's probibly why I liked it. 

Payday is next week and I am going to order the Unjury Starter Kit.  However, I would like to try to find something that I can pick up locally and not have to rely on ordering over the www. 

Your thoughts please????? 

4 comments:

Melissa W said...

Do you have a Costco or Sam's club around you? I drink Premier Nutrition Chocolate Protein drink. It taste's like chocolate milk and it's 30g of protein. I drink 2 a day. It took me a long time to find one I really enjoy.......they all SUCKED! But I'm a picky person and I just adore these drinks. You can order them from the website too, but they're cheaper at Costco or Sam's. Here's the link to the website so you can check it out. http://www.premiernutrition.com/protein-shake.html I also like Myoplex Lite. It's 17g of protein and that's what I drank before I found the Premier. Good luck!!

Lucy said...

Unjury is a great choice... I feel guilty spending that much money on a shake but it really is the only one that I enjoy drinking, I couldn't even keep the others down. I love the Classic Chocolate and the Strawberry. Good luck!

Deb said...

How about Carnation Instant Breakfast Essentials No Sugar Added? Only 13 grams of protein, but yummy and easy to find!

A.J. said...

My protein of choice has been Muscle Feast Whey Protein Isolate (unflavored). It's not geared toward bariatric patients it's actually marketed to body builders, but I have been very pleased with the quality vs. price. I like that it is unflavored so it can be flavored according to your preference. I have used sugar free puddling mixes and sugar free jello mix to provide a variety of flavors. I also mix it with unsweetened almond milk to keep calories down while still getting the max dose of protein.