Saturday, September 24, 2011

I HAVE SOOOO MUCH TO TELL YOU!

So I have lost 12 pounds!

I went to my Bandster in Waiting (BIW) appointment with my dietician/fitness guru! They did a breathing test thingy and found out that I burn 1984 calories just sitting in a chair. In order to loss weight, my calorie intake needs to be less than 1532. Cool!

And I have to start exercising.........ugh! I am allergic to exercising--it makes me break out in sweat!!! Soooooo.....Target is across the parking lot from my work. I drove completely around the outer perimeter of the parking lot. It is one half mile. Monday, I will start walking around it during my lunch hour. One time for two weeks then twice a week for a full mile. 3 times a week working up to more! I am excited and I hope my excitement will be my motivation and I won't need more!

.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
People are noticing that I have lost a bit of weight. Those that know that I am a BIW say the most insensitive things. "Well, if you have lost weight doing what you are doing, why dont you just keep it up and not have the surgery?" "You are not fat enough for a lap band!" "All you need to do is watch what you eat and exercise." "You are a strong person-you dont need that surgery!" I know they mean well, but don't they realize I HAVE done all that and yes I do lose weight, but I fail to keep it off? Now I am fatter than I have EVER been? You have to be a strong person to work with your lap band to make it work! I am just so.....so...so......AAARGGHH!

I went to a Daughter of the King retreat this weekend. One of my room mates was a Bandster! She was banded three years ago and has lost 130+ pounds! She is a little over half way to her goal! She answered every single one of my questions--let me feel her port and see and touch her scars--told me about the horrors she had with her surgery--how she ate too much, stretching out her pouch, ending up in the hospital for 3 days. So after frighting the living bajoosers out of me, she began telling me the good things about her lap band and became very encouraging! I watched her eat and she ate everything that was served (and it was an endless delicious buffet). She also confessed she has not been in for a fill, doesn't watch what she eats and she is not losing weight for quite a while. Then---as we were standing in line for lunch I said to her, "My surgery is the first week of December. Why don't you join me on the liquid diet?" and you know what she said? " I will! I will in support of you and perhaps it will get me off this plateau and stay me going again!". *****Happy Face*****

Well, that is it! I had a good weekend. I made a new friend. I got answers to lap band questions. I have an excerise plan of action. I helped someone. I am feeling better.

But most of all, I know that I am loved and I can say wholehearted....... IT IS WORTH IT!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love Love Love your unexpected band-buddy story! So wonderful! Glad you got answers and felt a strangers port. lol! Ahh, strange strange love between bandsters!

Anonymous said...

It is worth it! I love my band and I love the changes I have made since being banded.