Sunday, September 4, 2011

Fluxion--The Definition

Fluxion: the action of flowing or changing.

So....I could do the AA intro--"Hi! My name is Cheri and I am fat." No surprise there! Just look at me- I am not a closet fatty!

But the word "fluxion" really describes me right now. Well not just now, for the last 7 years. (see my other blogs if you really want to know how).

I have decided that I am tired of being fat-my Body is starting to let me know it is tired of it too. On August 18th (5 days after my birthday--Happy Birthday To Me!), I started the procedures to have Lap Band Surgery. I have visited with my surgeon, Dr. Ganta, gotten funding, contacted and received letters from Weight Watchers and Jenny Craig, started a 3 month doctor supervised diet (I have lost 7 1/2 lbs--yay me!), and met with Katie, the nutritionist and exercise guru. I will meet with Katie and go to the cardiologist on September 13th. I see Dr. Ganta on September 7th and since I am having a hard time finding someone to give me a Psych Evaluation, I will talk to him about it. I do not want or need long time psychiatric care, so no one is willing to give me an evaluation. Then I need to get the clearance letter from my PCP and all is done!

I am hoping to have the procedure late November or early December.....

I have scoured the www and have read every blog on Lap Band Journeys I can find. I reckon a blog is a "requirement" for accountability so I've started mine.

Please join me during my " fluxion" to a healthier Me!
My stats: 5' 4", 270 lbs, 54 years old.

No comments: