Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Silence!

Silence! Can't utter a word!

The fever broke yesterday so I went back to work today. During the course of the morning, laryngitis set in. Now remember, I am a bank teller. A voice is beneficial when you work with the public. Also, I am a "Chatty Cathy" (remember that doll?) -- so being silent drives me crazy! However, Hubby, my family, and co-workers call it 'The Silent Season' and look forward to it with great glee! The jokes and jabs surround me in great abundance! They are all so mean!

PS: this is the sign at my teller station--UGH!

6 comments:

Sam said...

Feel better soon :o)

Sandy Lee said...

That is too funny. I get the same response when I lose my voice. It's hard not to talk but hope you get better soon.

banded bella said...

Ugg I hate that you lost your voice. I lost mine only once in my life and it was a weekend that my grandfather passed and I was seeing relatives I hadn't seen in a long time. Man was it hard not to talk, so I didn't not talk. lol My mom was mad at me for coming as my grandfather lived in TN and it required a plane ride. She kept hitting people that made me talk. My dad was the worst!....lol. I hope you feel better soon. And thanks its great to be back in TX.

Caron said...

Hope your voice returns soon. I know it must be hard to work without it.

FitBy40 said...

Could be kinda' fun that you couldn't chat with the customers for one day!
Hope you're feeling better soon.

Andrea said...

That stinks! Hope you feel better soon!